Arhag is committed to Equality and Diversity
We promote equal opportunities and we expect everyone who works for us, and with us, to support us in this.
To achieve this, we will:
- Promote equal opportunities, whatever a person’s race, colour, ethnicity, nationality, religion, beliefs, sex, gender reassignment, status, age, sexual orientation, HIV status, physical or mental disability, state of health, pregnancy or maternity status, appearance, marital or civil partnership status, family, circumstances or offending behaviour.
- Deliver services which are accessible to all and meet the needs of our diverse residents.
- Provide a range of different opportunities for residents to become involved in Arhag, and apply our commitment to equal opportunities in any resident involvement recruitment and selection processes.
- Regularly review our policies, procedures and practices to ensure they do not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, against any groups.
- Encourage groups and individuals that are disadvantaged in housing and employment to apply for jobs, homes and work contracts.
- Keep a record of the ethnicity, sex, disability and age of everyone who applies to us for a home or job.
- Make sure everyone we work with, or who works for us, is aware of our policy and adheres to it.
- Identify and incorporate good practice in equality and diversity.
STAR - Resident Profile
During 2012-13, Arhag conducted a Survey of Tenants and Residents (STAR). One aim of the survey was to update demographic (profile) information on, as far as possible, 100% of our residents and their households.
Of the 523 residents who completed the survey, 80% described themselves as being from a BME group. 60% of respondents were female. The age profile of Arhag residents is younger than the general population with 28% of respondents being aged 25 to 39. 49% of respondents told us they are Christian and 36% Muslim. 26% of respondents told us that they, or a member of their household, had a disability or a health problem that limited their activities.