We welcome residents getting involved in the way we work, in managing their homes and the neighbourhood where they live. There are many ways and opportunities for you to have your say and influence decisions that we take. Many people do not get involved because they worry they will have a lot of work to do, but there are many different ways to be involved which need different levels of commitment and time.
Getting involved could make a real difference both for you and other people living in your area. Our menu of involvement sets out how you as a resident can get involved. The purpose of involving residents is to make sure we are giving you the services you want, by listening to you and making changes that suit your needs. Involving residents is really important to our future success and helps us to continuously improve quality and value to existing customers and attract potential customers to share those standards.
Some of the ways you can get involved include:
- Attend any of our events or conference
- Joining the Resident Scrutiny Panel
- Becoming a resident Board member
- Use this website to learn about any upcoming activities
- Completing surveys and questionnaires
- Contacting us to keep us informed of activities that you want to see happening or would like to help with
As an incentive, we provide training, support, travelling expenses and child care expenses as appropriate, refreshments, environmental improvement grants for schemes with resident associations and resident awards.