Barry was appointed as a Board Member on 26th September 2014. Barry is a qualified Surveyor and Town Planner with over 45 years’ experience in the public and private sectors, working for local authorities, consultancy firms, social housing contractors and Housing Associations.
Previously he has been Director of Housing in three London boroughs over a 19 year period, with a wide range of Housing and additional corporate responsibilities. He was also Acting Director of Environment for Islington and Chief Executive for Redbridge Homes.
Barry has expertise in social housing management, regeneration, town planning, property management and housing finance. He ran his own consultancy from 2000 until 2013 whilst also serving as a Non-Executive Director of Pinnacle PSG. Barry has had a wealth of experience in both the commercial and not for profit sectors including:
· Director of Pinnacle PSG (largest provider of social housing services in the UK) -2007 -12
· Chair of Tower Hamlets Homes 2012-13
· Board member of Ujima Housing Association between 1999 and 2004.
· Board member of Centrepoint between 2000 and 2005.
· Board member of High Weald Housing Association between 2005 to 2007
· Trustee and Company Director of Vision Care for Homeless People – 2007 to current.