Cedric has over 30 years experience of social housing, including 25 years at senior management level. He has worked in all housing sectors. Cedric Boston has a degree in law and politics from Keele University, and is a member of Grays Inn where he qualified as a barrister and was called to the bar in 1985.
Senior management team
Cedric moved into housing management in 1991.
• Assistant Director (Housing Needs) in Greenwich for 5 years.
• Head of Housing in Sandwell MBC in the West Midlands, where he managed 1000 staff, a DLO and 45,000 properties. Cedric substantially improved key service performance, winning nine Chartermark quality awards in the process. Sandwell went on to become the first three stars ALMO a few years later.
• Operations Director at Richmond Housing Partnership in 2000, a new company set up to receive Richmond Council housing stock in a large scale stock transfer. Cedric played a huge role in putting RHP on the map, including winning six national awards for service performance between 2004-6.
• Managing Director at Ujima. He was appointed interim Chief Executive about six months later initially to work with the board to try and save the organisation from its financial problems but ultimately to integrate Ujima successfully into the London and Quadrant (L&Q) Group to avoid bankruptcy.
• Following a spell as an interim Assistant Director of Housing at Wandle Housing Association, Cedric became Director of Housing Services in Lambeth Living (ALMO) in 2009 which involved maintaining 34,000 properties (one third of them leasehold), managing 250 staff in multi-disciplinary teams, and overseeing a capital and revenue budgets of £50m. Cedric is credited with transforming business performance and customer services in Lambeth Housing where, amongst other things, he saw voids and arrears performance rise to the top quartile, customer satisfaction increase by 13% and customer complaints fall by 80%.