What is a service charge?
Some tenancies involve a charge for services which are not covered by your rent.
Service charges are set depending on the services we provide to your scheme and include the following:
- Cleaning and grounds maintenance
- Servicing and maintaining lifts
- Repairing and replacing equipment like door entry systems and fire fighting equipment
- Maintaining a car park
- The cost of shared utilities (such as electricity, gas or water)
- Infestation treatment
- The removal of dumped rubbish or abandoned vehicles
We review service charges once a year and residents have the right to see a summary of the costs that make up the bill.